3M Daylight Redirecting Window Film
The latest innovation from 3M, daylight redirecting window film alters the path of the light traveling from the sun through windows, directing it up towards the ceiling. This incredible new technology prevents glare, overheating, and energy usage, and has actually been shown to increase employee performance.
Optimizing natural light in buildings provides a better experience for all of us.
Daylight Redirecting Film is a simple, effective daylighting solution which comfortably brings natural light deeper into buildings.
Buildings with abundant natural light have been shown to:
• Increase employee productivity
• Boost retail sales
• Improve student test scores
• Decrease rates of absenteeism
• Improve patient recovery times
• Reduce energy costs
Naturally Brighten Your Day
Daylight Redirecting Film is designed to move excess light close to the window and redirect it deeper into the building to increase the daylighting
penetration. Bringing natural light deeper into the building provides the many benefits of natural light for more occupants as well as reducing the
need for artificial lighting which saves energy. In addition, Daylight Redirecting Film:
• Reduces glare and discomfort caused by direct sunlight on occupants
• Redirects natural light as much as 40 ft or more into the building
• Extends daylight zone up to 8 ft into the interior for every 1 ft of treated window
• Can provide up to 52% lighting energy savings compared to baseline usage
• Can provide savings of up to 1.5 kwh/sq ft of floor area
Simple, Effective, Daylighting Solution
Compared to existing light reflecting strategies, Daylight Redirecting Film is easily integrated into new or existing windows. It requires no extra hardware or infrastructure, and no additional maintenance or special cleaning. It works at all times of the day, even when the sun is at a low angle. Plus, it’s more cost effective than many existing daylighting solutions.